Tips for making your business Spooktacular 🎃
Oct 02, 2023
Halloween, love or hate it?
This seasonal event from the US has now become a popular and fun holiday in the UK. You can’t deny that Halloween is a big business opportunity for many companies, particularly retailers such as Fancy Dress, card and party shops with household brands taking advantage of this event to boost their sales from September right the way through to end of October. 👻
So, how does your business get a piece of the pumpkin pie?
Be creative and have fun with your Halloween marketing campaign. Here are our top tips on how to incorporate Halloween into your marketing strategy and create a spooky and memorable experience for your audience.
- Decoration – Spook ‘Up your shop or office with some hangings, bunting, dangling spiders etc. It’s not only great for employee morale but also shows any customers visiting you that you like to have fun and want to make your workplace an engaging place for them to visit. You could even add some Halloween-themed elements to your website and email templates by adding Halloween scare to your logo, serve up some spooky font pairings or even add the odd spider web to line breaks. 🕸️
- Incentives – You could offer discounts or freebies for customers who wear costumes or share your Halloween posts on social media. Why not think about what promotions you can do to help drive sales – buy one get one free on certain products or even an online competition on your social media channels to get user engagement and brand awareness up. It’s all possible.
- Get creative – Create Halloween-themed products or services that appeal to your target market. For example, you can offer spooky snacks or beverages. If you sell software, you can add Halloween features to your app or website. If you groom dogs add a Halloween-themed banner to each freshly groomed dog.
- Events – Host a Halloween-themed event or contest that engages your customers and encourages them to interact with your brand. For example, you can host a costume contest, a scavenger hunt, a trivia quiz, or a live stream. You can also partner with other local businesses or influencers to reach a wider audience and create more buzz.
- Get social – Any Halloween related events or promotions you are doing, talk about them. Even if it’s your Manager dressing up as Dracula for the day, get some photos and post them. You will be surprised how much your user engagement goes up. Don’t forget to jump on any popular trends using Halloween-related keywords and hashtags in your online content, such as blog posts, social media posts, emails, newsletters, etc.
Hope these little tips will make this Halloween a treat for you.